Cypsis' second blog is for all but reviews.
REMEMBER TO CHECK OUT REVIEWS TOO!


Cypsis Blog has an official Facebook page too! Click here and hit the like button to receive review announcements, everydayish talk and more on Facebook!

8.19.2013

Japanese Scriptwriters you should know

Most of us drama-addicts have our own ichiban's/ crushes/ idols/ what-ever-else-one-can-call-them whose dramas/movies we just want to see. But even when our favourites are leading the drama/movie, we cannot always say that it actually was a great one. Great cast cannot always save a bad script. For drama/movie to be a great one - it has to have a great script (that's the basic of movie making). So instead of looking up another drama/movie with actor/actress you like, you should check the scriptwriter of some of your favourite dramas/movies and look up some other pieces of her/his works. You might be surprised how good stuff you'll find.
So here is my list of Japanese scriptwriters with titles of dramas/movies from Cypsis's list/ notable titles whose work is something that I can always watch over and over again:

- Kaneko Shigeki (Proposal Daisakusen, Summer Nude, Honey&Clover, Voice)
- Kaneko Arisa (Stand Up!, Papadoru, Sore wa totsuzen arashi no yo ni, Helter Skelter)
- SABU (real name: Tanaka Hiroyuki) (Troubleman, Shissou~Dead Run, Usagi Drop) I have to warn you that SABU is for so called "special taste".
- Kitagawa Eriko (Sunao ni narenakute, Tatta Hitotsu no koi, Postman to Heaven, Halfway, and tribute to Kimutaku: Long Vacation, Beautiful Life, Hundred Million Stars Falling from the sky) to tell you the truth she's not my favourite scriptwriter, but I added her into this list as she is the most awarded and known and many people love her works - I just can't handle all this loveydovey I'm-woman-I'm-weak stories(I prefer SABU's wickedness) 
So let me know your favourite scriptwriters - let's share the awesomeness!!!
'cause post without pic is boring
currently watching Kaneko Shigeki's "Summer Nude"

2 comments:

  1. Interesting. It's true that I almost never give scriptwriters any credit since I watch dramas mainly for the actors or the plot, but it's good to get to know about the ones who were behind everything I loved.

    Thanks for sharing! \o/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you like it!
    As I myself am really interested in scriptwriting and everything that goes on behind the scenes, then I always check the scriptwriters. Yet not many people do it. I hope from now on you'll check it more often and find more awesome dramas/movies :D

    ReplyDelete